My sister is in town for the month- she is my workout buddy and my cooking mate. We are all about some brunch food (who isn’t?!) and decided to whip up some keto-friendly waffles. These are perfect for a lazy Saturday morning… or if you are like us, a lazy Tuesday afternoon.
I came up with this recipe from trying to make about 10 different waffle recipes and never having ALL of the right ingredients so I’d improvise and keep subbing out different ingredients. Some might call me a culinary Macgyver (nobody has ever called me that).
The hardest part about this recipe is waiting. Maybe I have the worlds slowest waffle iron, but I swear it took us over an hour to make 4 waffles. But we also had to catch up on family drama, snap some cute photos and I did have a one year old tugging at my ankles the whole time. So don’t let the time committment deter you from making the best waffles you’ve ever put in your mouth- they are well worth it. Ella Jean agrees - you can see her tiny hand reaching for them in the photos.
*Most of the ingredients you should be able to find at a local health food store but I provided Amazon links just in case. I also like to use Thrive Market - they usually have better prices and more keto options!
Keto Friendly Waffles Recipe
Author | Date
- prep time: 15
- cook time: 30
- total time: 45
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup of Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup of Almond Butter
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 TSP of Pink Himmalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup of Swerve or Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 cup of grass-fed butter
- 1 TSP of Baking Powder
- Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetened Maple Syrup Toppings if you so desire:
- Lily's Chocolate Chips (Sweetened with Stevia)
- Chicken (OMG Chicken and Waffles YUMMM!)
- Separate eggs. Whisk egg whites until firm.
- Melt the butter and almond butter together over the stove.
- Mix the egg yolks, coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt and Monkfruit Sweetener.
- Stir in the melted almond butter mixture.
- Add the Almond Milk.
- Slowly fold in the egg whites.
- Place in the waffle iron.
- Add toppings & syrup!