Halloween Cocktail Recipe: Blackberry + Whiskey
I can't believe it's already Halloween! Lauren and I decided to make a simple + spooky Halloween cocktail using as many local ingredients as possible. The result was delicious, fun, and reminiscent of a childhood science experiment.
We used Troy & Sons Whiskey (the nectarine is my favorite but any kind will do) and Wildflower Honey from Asheville Bee Charmer.
3 oz of whiskey
1 oz of honey
6 mint leaves
dry ice *(use tongs or glove- DON'T touch it!)
4 oz of ginger beer
*Makes 2 cocktails
- Mix 1 oz of honey with 1 oz of water in a saucepan on medium heat to make a honey simple syrup. Remove from heat. (This can be doubled, tripled and so on depending on how many drinks you are making.)
- Muddle the blackberries and mint leaves together.
- Pour muddled blackberries & mint leaves into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the whiskey, ginger beer and honey. Shake well.
- Fill 2 glasses half way with dry ice (or regular ice), pour in mixture, squeeze in a lime wedge.
Wait for dry ice to completely dissolve before drinking cocktail.
Do not touch dry ice, use tongs or gloves.